Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Name Basis

For a while now Clayton has been calling Brian by his first name. "Hi Brian." "Bye Brian." He interchanges Brian and Daddy when talking about him, but now he's decided he likes to call everyone by their first name! Pop gets called Phillip and Granny gets called Mar-wee. He seems to really like saying Mary, not sure why he's started this but I keep correcting him on it--POP AND GRANNY. He actually doesn't ever mention my name unless someone asks him to repeat it. I remember my niece went through a phase of calling my brother by his first name--maybe it's just something a lot of kids do?? And although I don't want him to get used to it, it is cute to hear him say our names--he's a smart little guy. :)

3 comments:

Lee-Ellen said...

that's so cute!!

Patti H said...

that is too funny Ashley Max does this too...it is so cute when I hear him say Patti...bet he gets lots of smiles from granny and pop!

Paula... said...

Too cute - it is just a phase and as long as you keep correcting him, he'll soon get tired of it IYKWIM.