Monday, June 04, 2007

YIKES!

Has it already been a week? I can't believe I've neglected my blog for so many days! Let's see . . . for those who are curious, we didn't really do anything on my birthday for my birthday--the lake trips last weekend were pretty much the celebration. On my birthday, I actually cleaned the bathrooms and sat around here! My mom did buy me a birthday cake even though we didn't have an actual party. Good thing, too, because if not for that birthday cake, I think Brian would have starved to death. He devoured that thing!
Tuesday, we had band practice here at our house--hope the neighbors liked the music! Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were the same ole', same ole', and Saturday we had a family outing to the courthouse for the weekly bluegrass singing. There is a group of "pickers" that play bluegrass at the courthouse every Saturday. Brian has gone up there before and played with them. This was the first time Clayton and I went with him. Clayton loved it of course and they even asked me to sing a little. Problem is I don't know a lot of bluegrass! I told them I would come prepared next time. They had some kids up there that could play just as well as the old folks--amazing musical talent.
Last night, Brian and I did a grocery haul at Wal-Mart. I have no idea if we got anything to cook for meals, but we got a ton of snack food--you could tell we were in the snacking mood when we shopped. In fact, I think I'll be having spinach dip for lunch!
I've been listening to some old Mahialia Jackson music for the last couple of days--she would have been great to see at a jazz club way back when.
The other big news is I bought a potty chair for Clayton. He is smart enough to get it, but it's going to be a logistical nightmare. He usually says "diaper" before he poo poos and he knows exactly what pee peeing is. I sat him on it this morning and we couldn't get everything in the right spot if you know what I mean--I'm glad he didn't actually pee because it would have sprayed right onto me! Ah, the joys of boys!
Gotta go for now--I need to make use of my "mommy time" while Clayton is in therapy!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

yay I'm glad your back, I've been checking daily :) I hope you weren't sad about your bday, I would've been. the bathrooms is not something you should have been doing on your bday, MISSY! grrrrrrr.

potty training boys...yeah, I 've been there done that, need to find a t-shirt! LOL I just let K run around naked, he never had an accident. pooping was another story though, I won't share that.