Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wow.

What a difference 24 hours makes. Yesterday at this time I was living life as usual and now I'm trying to take care of myself, be there for my mom, and praying my dad gets better. My dad has pain management injections in his spine and yesterday something went awry with one because he ended up losing all feeling in his legs and torso and having emergency surgery to remove a blood clot from his spine. He is in ICU now and it looks like it will take some time for him to regain use of his legs. His right leg is actually moving around pretty well, but his left not so much. He can wiggle his toes on his left foot so hopefully today he'll be gaining strength on that side. Pray he gets up and walking soon!
(As a side note his surgeon was Dr. Burson who has operated on Clayton about 5 times--totally small world and he knew exactly who we were without even seeing Clayton with us. I so want him to see Clayton but I don't know how I'll swing it because everytime we walk in a hospital Clayton gets majorly upset!)

8 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh Ashley, bug hugs and prayers to you and your family. Take deep breaths and rely on what you know in your heart.

Stacy said...

My goodness! He is in my thoughts Ashley. TRY not to stress too much...you are growning a person inside of you remember. I will keep him in my thoughts and I hope he regains full feeling in his left leg soon!

Lori Petticrew said...

I WILL KEEP YOUR FATHER IN MY PRAYERS....

Cheri Pryor said...

Lifting your family up in my prayers...

Becky said...

Oh Ashley, wow. Thats great news he can wiggle some though. Try to stay positive, I'll be thinking of you guys.

Tara said...

My prayers are with your father. I've gone through years of back pain, and have even had those shots, but I haven't ever had that reaction, thank the Lord. I hope he gets better as soon as possible!

Lee-Ellen said...

Glad his movement is improving! Prayers on the way!

Kris Loya said...

Oh honey i'm so sorry to hear about ur dad but im glad he has movement in the one leg and some movement in the other will pray for his continued recovery
hugs!