Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ghost Writer

Hello, blogger world! I'm Ashley's Mom---Mary, and I've been coerced into writing this post today in Ashley's absence. As I don't have the teaching degree that she does, you will just have to bear with my grammar and spelling errors (I'm certain she will get her red pen out with me later!) Just where the heck is she? Well---the Smiths are a sickly bunch this week. Presently, Ashley and Clayton are in the hospital (Clayton is the patient, Ashley needs her own bed but doesn't meet the age requirement), Brian is ailing at home with the flu. Clayton's condition of fever and higher oxygen needs worsened so he was admitted yesterday. There is also concern of a possible abdominal issue and an upper GI is going to be done (didn't happen today, one of the testing rooms was not in working order). Meanwhile, there is a problem with the computers at the hospital that Ashley uses while there, and she is not able to view, send, receive e-mail or post to this blog. Hopefully, she and Clayton will be home soon and she can be back into her normal communication with you all. Clayton has certainly been ready to check out since his arrival. His wheelchair is parked in his room and today he kept pointing at it and his little hoarse, raspy voice would say: "Go"! Oh, how tempted I was... Thank you for your continued prayers for Clayton and good health to Ashley and Brian!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mary! Hugs to Ashley, Clayton, and Brian. I hope yall are better quick like!

Leslie said...

saying a prayer for you Ash and the family. hope to see you back around soon and feeling better. ~lesfitz

Oscar T. Grouch said...

You have my thoughts and prayers.

Kelli said...

oh I'm thinking of them and praying that they are on the mend.

Unknown said...

praying for you guys. Hang in there and get better soon. C-- stay strong little guy!! We love you!

Chris said...

Ashley hope everyone is doing better soon! Chris-CSS

Anonymous said...

A quick message from kardsbykim from Creative Scrap Shack. When I checked out your blog, I recognized your DS from the CKMB! He is so cute-those eyes!!! I am truly sorry that he has been so sick. I hope that both of you are getting the rest you need! I stopped and prayed for you.
You are a talented scrapper-your work is just precious!

Nancyroo said...

Wishing a speedy recovery to Clayton!