Thursday, September 07, 2006

What Happened to Customer Service?

Well, I've spent the last 24 hours trying to print my business cards on my awesome Epson R1800 printer. We paid a pretty penny for that thing, and until yesterday, I've had not one complaint. For some reason it does not like these business cards. I've printed the documents on my other printers and it worked fine. But I keep getting the same paper source error everytime I try to print on the Epson. It's got the best quality of printing, so I really want to use it. So anyway, after trying everything I knew to do, I finally called Epson for help. And you know what they told me? That it would cost me $9.95 for them to troubleshoot for me and there was no guarantee they could fix the problem. WHAT?! What happened to helping a paying customer out with you product? I really can't believe they won't try to help you. I even explained the basics of the problem and he asked me again if I wanted to pay $9.95 for his help. Um, NO. I'll suppose I'll just hang out here to dry why you keep all your knowledge to yourself!

4 comments:

Paula... said...

Doesn't that just suck! Is it still under warranty? You'd think if it was still under warranty they would be bound to help you.

Christy said...

that is horrible!! Hope you got it fixed. Maybe ask Dexter.
ck

Anonymous said...

Seriously? What has the world come to when you have to pay to ask a question? Grrr.....

Anonymous said...

No way!!
ugh!