Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
On the bookshelf:
Caps for Sale
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
In the Castle
Song of the Week:
Count Your Blessings
Bible Story of the Week:
Since you already saw our vocabulary words, I won't show them again, but by the end of the week, Clayton was able to tell both my mom and me even more words that began with C. Our math lesson for the week involved COUNTING his CARS and CLASSIFYING them by COLOR. Our science lesson included reading an animal book and finding all the animals whose names began with C. Our social studies lesson was about CASTLES. With Letter of the Week, each lesson is short but effective. Right up Clayton's alley!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
And then on Sunday our choir sang at a memorial service at the hospital for kids who have passed away this year from cancer. I didn't have to do it, but I wanted to. It did come with emotional consequences for me though. Brian and the boys came along and it was extremely hard not to just break down and bawl. The only reason I didn't was because of Clayton (he would have gotten scared if he had known I was crying). Brian was doing his best to keep it together as well. I had to totally avoid looking at him while we sang our song because he was back there just about to lose it--it was so, so tough.
I'm also reminded of our loss since the holidays are coming on. I often wonder if anyone else at our family gatherings realizes I see an empty chair during our meals? I guess if they didn't, they know now . . . It's like year after year, my child doesn't get to make it back home for the holidays while everyone else's is there. And now that Jackson is here, it seems even more magnified in my mind. I guess when I'm eighty I'll still be missing my baby. It's just so opposite of what nature intended. A mother is supposed to mother. How do you mother a child who's in the grave?
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
1.Clothes: nothing larger than 6 months, considering some of the stuff he is still wearing is newborn size! (most are 3 months--we are having a hard time with pants. if they are long enough, they are WAAAAY big in the waist!)
2. The Everything Book by Denise Fleming
3. The Napping House by Audrey Wood
4. Shopping Cart Cover
5. Any baby toy/teether (he's already chewing on everything!)
6. Pajamas with feet.
1. Clothes: He wears a 5T in just about every brand right now.
2. As always, iTUNES gift card
3. Leap Frog Scribble and Write
4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
5. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White
6. Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein
7. Lifelike tool set
8. Alphabet/Number Cookie Cutter Set
9. Play dough
10. Pajamas with a separate top and bottom (5T).
1. iPOD (hopefully Brian is reading this!) (and yes, I'm the only person on the planet without one!!)
2. A very LARGE external hard drive or back up disc or whatever you call them! 3. 50 mm/1.4 Canon Lens
4. Scotch Thermal Laminator (This brand is supposed to be the best for the money!)
5. As the Crow Flies by Jeffery Archer
6. Gift certificate to Merle Norman
It's a MYSTERY! He is very hard to buy for, so if I think of it, I'll probably be getting it for him myself!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Monday, November 09, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
Thursday, November 05, 2009
Monday, November 02, 2009
It didn't matter what Rhonda did behind me, Jackson WAS NOT going to smile. And of course, we had to take time out for every car that came by--Clayton (and Jackson, it seems) isn't going to miss seeing a car drive by:
I do have to say that Clayton was more than cooperative. He was all smiles because he loves his Rhonda.